Sunday, May 29, 2011

Wk 4 Reading: Art of Possiblity

The final chapters of the Art of Possibility do a great job of wrapping up all the stories and ideas of the early chapters. The book builds to a phenomenal insightful idea. We have the potential to be, do, see, and inspire more! It reminds me of Jamaica's motto: "Out of many, one people".

The Zander's write so eloquently and powerfully about inspiring and pushing others to reach their potential and as a teacher many of these anecdotes are reminders that what we do has an impact whether we realize it our not. I can remember running into a former student years after teaching him and his recalling how I inspired him to pursue his current career path. I was moved by his comments and it reminded me how much I love what I do. Sometimes we get lost in the daily problems and setbacks that we face and in these economic times it is so easy to see the negative but inspiring reminders are all around us if we chose to see them.

From page 139:

As an educator nothing is more powerful than that passionate energy that allows us to connect, express, communicate, and create!

I have enjoyed this book immensely and plan on sharing it with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment