Sunday, October 17, 2010

PE1_Google Docs

I choose to go more in depth into Google Docs because I see great potential for it in my school system. We are using Google Apps for Education in my district and we are in the very early adoption stage.
I have been using Google docs for some time but only for basic word processing and spreadsheet use. I would like to become more familiar with all it has to offer, especially because I can see the value in having documents in the cloud. There are great advantages to having collaborative editing features in a simple to use format. Instead of having 5 copies of the same document with one person responsible for figuring out where all the edits need to go from 5 different version, those same 5 people can now edit one document at the same time. As long as they have an Internet connection and a Google account, they can now work on that same document regardless of location or time. 
Google Docs has lots of potential for teachers and students, especially in our connected, collaborative world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment