Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Wimba - 9/28/10

The Wimba tonight for the ETC course was very helpful but also a bit overwhelming so I thought I would jot some notes and put in some screenshots to help myself out. Hopefully it will be helpful to others as well.

Click on the images below to go directly to the resource.

1. Action Research help:

Great example of an AR blog that can help us to focus on what we need.

Sample AR site


2. Web 2.0 explained:

Common Craft videos are amazing 3 minute simple explanations on a variety of topics,  mostly tech related. Make sure to watch the one about zombies...  :)

Common Craft video tutorials

3. Zotero - easy way to collect references, citations, research, notes and more.

Camaal Moten mentioned this excellent site to help in organizing and citing research and sources.

Zotero


4. One Day on Earth:

Tom Lucas mentioned the One Day on Earth project -

Document, share, participate


5. Creating Ripples:

Rena Hanaway's blog -

ETC Course Director's blog
6. Sample work for ETC course:

Some examples of assignments that we have due -

     • Linking to comments sample.

Example post that links to comments

   • Sample Google Reader post.

BP1_Google Reader

Lots more was discussed but I thought this covered some of the major topics.

Take care everyone,
Jim

2 comments:

  1. Jim, Thanks for posting your notes from the AR wimba session. I was at our school's open house that night. Your notes and screen shots reminded me to go back and watch the archive! Thank you for sharing. I'll be checking out your resources too. You have some very astute sites on your list.
    Ann C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ann. I try to get a variety of helpful resources for the teachers I work with. I'm glad it reminded you to watch the archive. Just so you know, the archive was started a bit late in the session, that's another reason I put the notes up.

    ReplyDelete